Thursday, January 12, 2012

2011 - where did it go?

Wow, that went fast. My first year of working as a midwife has flown by, and consequently all the things I had hoped to do in 2011 like keeping my blog up didn't happen. This year I plan to be different!

I ended the year with making a quilt in secret for my husband for his 40th birthday. A business trip to the USA in December got him out of the house for nearly 2 weeks leaving ample time to get on with this quilt. It was machine pieced and hand quilted with perle thread.




I am also determined that this year I will finish my Japanese Quilt. My mother in law bought me back 10 pieces of real indigo from Japan a quite a few years ago. It took me a while to decide what to make with it but I have always loved the postcard quilt in Kaffe Fassett's Quilt Road. I am foolish enough to be hand piecing it which is why it is taking so long! I am now up to the second last round. I want it finished by April so I can buy a backing at the AQC for it.


My husband thinks it's crazy but I really enjoy hand piecing quilts!

Last week I received a parcel from Amazon! My mother in law gave me a voucher for my birthday last year and I brought these books.

I am planning to make the bag on the front in an Amy Butler fabric I've had for a year or so to make a skirt that never happened. I think it will be a great overnight bag! And I love the colours that Gwen and Freddy use! I wish I had a stash like theirs!

Now back to sewing before work! Have a 70th birthday quilt I need to get completed start to finish in 2 weeks! Yikes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment